Friday, July 27, 2012

CHICAGO TRIP DAY 1
















































For over a month I have been obsessing over my trip to Chicago and let me tell you it was worth the wait. As soon as me and my boyfriend Jason arrived in Chicago we were greeted by a beautiful rainbow in the sky. That rainbow set the tone for my entire trip, which was nothing but bliss.

Upon arrival to our hotel, I knew that we were in for a treat. The Acme Company Hotel Chicago was everything me and Jason are, young, vibrant and hip. It's a small boutique hotel but it packs a punch with their dope decor. Since we arrived so early Jason and I took a quick nap then got dressed and hit the streets with my gorg little cousin Chantell.

Chantell lives in Chicago so it was nothing for her to hop on the train and meet us on Michigan Avenue. Once we all linked up
we hit up my fav store Forever21 then we took a cab to Hot Doug's which is a hot dog restaurant that we learned about on Anthony Bourdain's television show No Reservations.

 Hot Doug's doesn't just offer up your regular ole hot dog no they give you the best of the best. I had the Paul Kelly which is a bratwurst soaked in beer and the traditional Chicago hot dog The Dog. But if you're looking to be more adventurous try their hot dog made of pure duck meat and on Friday's and Saturday's you can get French Fries fried in duck fat, yum!

After filling our bellies we hit up Wicker Park which to me is a lot like St. Louis' Delmar Loop. Wicker Park is filled with shops and restaurants and honey let me tell you I did some shopping :) After day one I was pooped but we still had two more days to go so stayed tuned for more pics and info!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like fun :) Chicago is somewhere I definitely want to visit someday

    anni-dot-elle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the outfit and pictures honey,but that's nothing new;) Keep rocking!;)
    xx
    B.
    http://www.beeswonderland.com/

    ReplyDelete